Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Where is everybody?!?

Where is everyone?! What's this, a blog without a post in WEEKS!!!!! Divordurum, ok, you're getting on a plane soon, but that's only in at least 2 days!!!! and, Alicia, where is you, owner of soaunty?!

So never mind, thought it is apt for me to contribute my first post to this nice blog. Like Divordurom, I turn 30 in less than a day. Quite super, and quite nice, being the youngest in the group :P

In Singapore, when you turn 30, they send you a notice that politely informs you to update your identity card. Got mine last week, and just today, realised I've misplaced that piece of paper. Die. Will they send me reminder or do I get thrown in jail (apparently it's an offence to not update)? I couldn't even find the deadline on that slip of paper - of what use is that.Never mind.

Here's what's nice about turning/being 30, for me:

Being more settled. Chalking up a couple more years experience on my little CV. Making more $ than in my 20s - relatively speaking. Being a bit more adventurous - wearing more colours! Having the wisdom of age, but possessing still, the innocence of youth (borrowing a line from Divodurum (whats this mean anyways, Latin right???)). Having my own flat (been in RV for slightly over a year). Caring less about what other people think. Learning to show more care to the ones I actually love. Realising time is precious and finite and to treasure the moments and live more in the present. Realising time is precious and finite and that there is an urgent need to seriously plan to retire young.

and.....having a puppy!! (I've had my Boy since I was 29.5 years)

Merry Christmas and Happy 2006 dear friends!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

my thoughts exactly - been missing the action on this blog!

btw, besides the (already traumatic) reminder that one is hitting the big 3-0, you actually have to PAY to update the damn IC.

Karen M said...

Yah, man, I'm glad someone said something....where's Alicia? I need blog entertainment throughout the course of my banal work routine.

BTW, all this big 3-0 talk is depressing, especially since the bigger 3-1 is coming up for me next month! Then I'll undeniably be in my THIRTIES!! =(

Alicia said...

Sorry you guys! I was counting on MICHELLE to keep things current on soaunty ... but alas, I see she has slinked off somewhere (getting sunbaked in Phuket, I imagine?). I didn't have internet connection while in Athens/Bern, but managed to cobble together a couple of posts anyway.