Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Return to Academia

I'm not quite sure how easy it is to return to academia after having been away for a while. I think quite difficult. My hat's off to Alicia.

I'm supposed to be studying for an exam on Saturday. Obviously procrastination has taken hold, and I've spent most of this week finding ways to avoid work. Unfortunately none of the ways have been creative: falling asleep with the open book, sorting out bank accounts, going out for drinks, and generally pretending that I can study it all on Friday night.

But what's worse is that the text for the exam is fairly skimpy - about 100 pages. And yet each time I attempt to read chapter 1 (yes, I didn't make it very far), I find new things that I'm sure I've read before. I'm not sure how we actually managed to learn things when we were at school or university.

So Alicia, can you please share with us your studying secrets. I'll need it for the imminent re-take.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

It's all in the mind. Or so I've been told. I don't actually know this for a fact.

The transition to academia wasn't too difficult when I started the MSc programme. But right now, like right this minute, my skull's still throbbing from a last minute spurt of thinking that I had to do for the PhD this morning. And it was only my chapter outline that was due ... imagine when the big kahuna comes around. I am afflicted with the severest form of Small Brain Syndrome.

ANYWAY, I'm confident that you'll survive the exam, especially as it has to do with EVERYTHING ONE HAS TO KNOW ABOUT GRAPEJUICE.

It will go fine. Really.