Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Quickie from Athens


Apologies for the silence on my end! Stefan and I have been in Athens since last Thursday and this is our last morning here at the Students and Travellers' Inn on Kydathineon Street, in the Plaka. Many thanks to everyone for your comments (to Divordurum and IceBlueOrb for your posts), which have kept things more current.

Ok, the internet cafe counter says that I have 6 minutes to go, so I'll make this quick. In line with all the soppy sentimental stuff that the soon-to-be 30 year olds have been sharing (I am firmly in the same age bracket and militant 30-something camp as Karen McGregor) ...

I usually tune into Heart 106.2 in London. They have a programme called Time Tunnel, which plays a series of hits from the past and callers ring in to guess the year the songs were released. Early last week, when the opening chords of a particular song were played, my eyes glazed over, hair stood on end ... and every other physical manifestation of nostalgia took root.

"First time, first love, oh what feeling is this
Electricity flows, like the very first kiss
Like a break in the clouds
And the first ray of sun
You can feel it inside
Something new has begun ..."

2 comments:

happy shiny things said...

heard this on the radio 2 days ago too!!!

Alicia said...

Michelle, I think that puts you a cut above Ste, who is a stodgy adherent to BBC Radio 4.