Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Breaking All Etiquette and Language Rules

I’m not quite sure what blog etiquette is. Embarrassingly enough, it has only just occurred to me that perhaps visitors to other people’s blog-sites should only write comments rather than try to usurp the entire site for one’s self-serving purposes.

Anyhow, until the blog police ram down my door…

Was at Latin class yesterday evening, and the horrors of school days came flooding back. I found myself at the whiteboard, armed with only a marker, praying that it wouldn’t work so that no one could see the nonsense that was about to appear on the board. Unfortunately, the ink flowed, as did the nonsense, and I found myself using my non-writing hand to great effect – ahh… the eraser. The evening could not end fast enough, and the hour-and-a-half dragged on like no tomorrow. Who knew that saying that words were ‘male’ or ‘female’ is incorrect; the correct terminology obviously being ‘masculine’ or ‘feminine’. But the two glasses of red wine post-class did help to ease the pain.

So I have now sworn to spend my Xmas vacation revising the Latin conjugations and declensions. What an absolute delight.

Bonam fortunam to all those who try new languages. It may not be technically new, but keep up the lessons, Alicia.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks my dear, and (I've already said this but my Latin aptitude is sorely limited) Filiae Melioris Aevi to you.

You are most welcome in this blog - in fact, this is intended to be a collective project ... it's just that everyone else ignored my invitation to become a member! It's still a cool club though ... keep on posting hor.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, i recall your first blog, alicia! with the invitation i mean. ok ok - how do i become a member?

Alicia said...

Goody goody gumdrops - Charmaine, look ing forward to hearing from you! And no excuses about having a bad memory, ok.