Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Monday, July 30, 2007

Egad, an elephant in the post!

Forgetfulness is an excellent excuse for One's mindless trespasses. When administered with a helping of sheepish grin and two measures of edible peace offering (I don't mean arsenic ... or my home cookin'), the old 'forgive and forget' is an efficacious salve and is almost certain to mollify the offended party.

However, any salubrious kickbacks are entirely vaporised should One, ever-so-absentmindedly, be in the possession of a torrid past AND childhood friends with elephantine (=massive+long+thick-skinned) memory banks. Deadlier still if those school buddies have in their possession, collections of incriminating ephemera churned out during One's murky teenage years. The Past, when it comes back, generally means to haunt. And only after It has indulged in an attention-seeking ditty with over-exuberant jiggling and under-dressed jigglies.

I might have gone ahead and denied everything ... except that with kith AND kin checking in on this blog now (and no thanks to those of you goading my Mom on for more gory morsels ... bad, bad Rosh!), the past has come trick o' treating.

So here I am with the evidence - grinning ... and baring it.


P. S. Thanks Janelle, that was one heck of a slide down memory lane! ; )

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheehehehhhh... almost forgot your natural talent at striking poses in your youth. Pity we didn't save the video of your old "twinkle toes" stage performance. That would really be something to watch now :P

Hhhhmmmm... think i'll ask mum... she might have it buried somewhere.

P.S. Your left tit is sticking out in the top photo...

Alicia said...

This comment had better be from you, Daren.

First of all, I mourn the loss of that priceless video tape of me in tights and a tutu.

Second, I wash my hands (and all bodily bits) of any responsibility for my childhood wardrobe!

Finally, howzabout digging up that classic pic of you in a Hawai'ian grass skirt, bikini AND wig, eh???

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia!
You are sooo cute and sweet on that pic :-)
Marianna

Yuen-Lyn said...

i was just looking at the boxes where i keep ALL the letters from friends, esp. sec sch ones and al, i'm sure i can find some *rather* entertaining material in there...heh...want me to send them over??

Yuen-Lyn said...

eeks, didn't know my comment id comes out just a "chio", so pai seh...anyway, my bro passed me a newsletter (think it's something which involves the different halls/colleges of U of London) and a wedding pic of you and ste is right smack on the cover! if you don't have the newsletter, i can send it over to you cos i've set it aside just in case you want it. let me know.

Alicia said...

Crikey. I have opened a can of worms. Mental note to self to write less provocative and trouble-inviting blog posts ... lest too many people jump on the (skeleton in the) closet-cleaning bandwagon.

Hey CHIO (ya, sounds mighty unfriendly leh Lyn), how're things? Do you mean the Goodenough College newsletter? We are NOT on the cover page lah. Just regular alumni updates. Was Martin was at GC too???

Hi Marianna, thanks for the kind words ... it took some years of rehab, but I eventually managed to kick the habit of donning indiscreet swimwear.

Anonymous said...

Well if I remember correctly, the "Hawai'ian grass skirt, bikini and wig" was your idea". I just went along with it cuz I wasn't too bright at that age.

Anyway, in retrospect I think I looked quite fetching in the wig...

Alicia said...

Well, didn't you get mistaken for me ('Girl') when Dad came home from work that day??? I can't believe he thought I'd walk around the flat looking like THAT ...

And this mudslinging will get you nowhere, BOY ...

Yuen-Lyn said...

no choice how my ID came out like that lah..i'm SO the least unfriendly type *flutter lashes*..=P YES lah, babe, you and ste are on the cover lah, you want or not?? yup, my bro was just at GC over the last academic year doing (yet another?) Masters and an overseas stint.

Alicia said...

Ah, so we could actually have met up with your bro in London last year?!! Ste and I till have a couple of friends in GC, lots of good memories in that place ... particularly in the Square, where we first met (that changed Ste's life more than he'd ever imagined, ho ho).

We have the GC alumni newsletter as well, though it sounds like a different version leh. In ours, the wedding photos etc. are discreetly positioned somewhere near the back page. I think there are some important people on the cover (ie. the director/staff of GC). You must have the premium class quality eh ...

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine phentermine vs phentremine - phentermine online australia

Anonymous said...

discount phentermine phentermine youtube - buy phentermine book without rx

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine 30mg phentermine message board - phentermine topiramate