Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Things to be grateful for - I

Stefan letting me polish off the last 2 pineapple tarts from our precious stash.

Me: "Er ... you want to share? I have 1, you have 1 ..."

Ste: "No, it's okay. You can have both."

Me: "I thought you like pineapple tarts?!!"

Ste: "I like them very much. But it's a Chinese New Year thing for you and I know you're feeling a bit homesick, so you can have them."

Moral of the story - get your partner hooked on the Da Vinci Code and run off with the family jewels completely unnoticed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't know you were a fan! I'll send you some next year. Hubby's mother makes them from scratch every year (and never fails to tell me how the store bought ones use factory churned pineapple paste - hers are boiled from fresh pineapples). charm.

Alicia said...

You're so lucky!!! Michelle's mom also makes the most incredible ones ... mmm ... think of us next year, hor :)

Unknown said...

er...can i get some too?! hee.
stefan is VERY sweet to let you have the last 2!

Alicia said...

Hi Puiming! Yeah, it was very sweet of him ... but I think he could tell from the way I asked the question that I didn't really want to share :)