Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Postman Rings

Absolutely fabulous! The postman buzzed our intercom this morning and said there was a package for me. "Ooh ooh ooh, somebody loves me!" was squealed, the elated, self-confident cousin to the more frequent lament, "What, no mail? Nobody loves me!!!"

The large, round handwriting on the puffy envelope betrayed the sender's identity in a snap. The distinctive, loping 'J' could only mean one thing - Janelle's annual V-Day gift has landed! With all the hoopla of Rio at Carnival (minus the unfortunate outbreaks of violence in Rocinha of late) and the shebang of a Hollywood celebrity snog (J - hint for next year's present), HOOAH!

With impressive finesse and enviable timeliness, my dear LA-based friend continually out-does herself with generous thoughts followed up by real action. Yes, it is WOW indeed. Spoiling the market lah, woman.

Overcome with a mixture of glee and shame (for I had also missed Janelle's recent birthday), I ripped the wrapping open and welcomed The Coolest Pair of Pyjamas into my fold. I can now retire the tatty (Was Green, Now Grey) one that was purchased with Esther at Old Navy when we last visited Janelle.

Pai seh, pai seh ... but still thick-skinned enough to do the sofa-slouch for the camera (hugging my cuddly paunch for good measure, of course). Thank you thank you thank you!

4 comments:

Bluesoul said...

Finally an update!

Yes, those are cool PJs. And what a colourful home you have. :-)

Alicia said...

Ya, been dragging my feet a bit with the posts, sorry! Evenings been quite busy the past 1.5 weeks, preparing for Chinese presentation. That was last night (on contemporary Chinese art), so hope to have more verve now.

I fervently extol the visual benefits of psychadelia!

Unknown said...

Gosh i think i saw that exact same pair of PJs at Old Navy when I was in NY! I bought a bunch of them for myself too - they are so comfy and i am a sucker for cute prints.

Alicia said...

These jammies are GRRREAT! We should have a rainbow pyjama party :)