Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Friday, January 20, 2006

A little shock value

Esther will recall our rather brief encounter with Tony -we're on a FNB of course- after our chat over Max Brenner's hot chocolate with the wedding photographers, Ben and Lynelle.

The IOC meeting at Suntec wrapped up at the same time and the well-heeled international delegates -who contrasted somewhat with the casually muled pair that we were- streamed through the mall.

Esther and I hung around in eager anticipation, hoping for a free glimpse of a luminary. We were not disappointed. Tony strode by and raised his hand in a half-wave at Us, the gawking General Public. I stood there, gobsmacked by celebrity charity, and Esther chided me for not waving back.

Less impressive and endearing by far was Jacques, who whizzed by in a scrum of security staff. Perhaps it made him feel loved.

Note: this photo is from a different event, in early 2005.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! just noticed the re-organisation of the blog and website links... NICE!
- shimian

Alicia said...

Thanks! I thought the info would make more sense this way.

I still have to figure out how to re-org the layout and add more snazzy bits ... have been too busy, though.

Hey keep blogging hor, I am following the adventures of your second pregnancy very closely :)

Sher said...

and wld that be because ur planning for one yourself? :)

Karen M said...

Yes, I'm counting on her to pop one out soon =)

Alicia said...

Aiyoh Aunties, I just got married hor ... let me enjoy a year of peace first, can?

:)