Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

On the move again

Yes, of course I'm excited! I have a date with Gamma and Bhupi in heavenly Phuket on Friday ... and then will travel onward to meet my folks on Monday, in Singapore. It will be really wonderful to celebrate Chinese New Year with the extended family after having been away the past 4+ years.

The flipside to this is, that for a task-oriented, schedule-making, routine-loving person like me, constant change can be exacting on the nerves and energy. I am not the spring chicken that I once was. Resilient, yes, but not invincible. It only occured to me a couple of days ago, when I sat down and thought things through (rationally, as one does) that I have been away at least once every month since last April.

April (Switzerland), May (France, USA), June (Singapore), July (China), August (India, Oman), September (Switzerland, Cyprus), October (moved to Switzerland, Tanzania), November (Tanzania), December (Tanzania), January (UK).

I have many wonderful memories, but this year I'll also have to figure out a healthy balance that will allow me to grow some roots right where I am. To be a part of a community. With Ste, in Switzerland. I would hate to miss out on living Life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia,

Enjoy the travel why you have a chance. In the same time period I have May, Washington DC, June, Washington DC...February, Washington DC. Hope things are well.

Andy

Sher said...

i wish i could travel to a different country every month! envious envious!

Pink said...

hiya - look what happens when I miss two days - blam - blog explosion.

i've sent you my dates so hope to see you next in Tanzania?
xx
happy new year and say hello to Bhupi please - tell him I'm looking forward to visiting him soon too.

Anonymous said...

So, is there any chance you might add 'Japan' to your list of travels in the near future?

BTW, Terence and his family will be coming around at end of this month. It's always exciting to meet friends from abroad :-)