Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kitchen scenes

Selena once told me that anyone who can read, can cook. The simple logic being that following a recipe requires the bare minimum of innate culinary flair. Though it would, undeniably, be a boon. To the partakers of the meal most of all.

In (a somewhat limp) defence of my own appalling cooking skills, I should state for the record that I passed Home Economics class in Lower Secondary School. Scoring more respectably in the sections on blanket stitching, nutrition and 'feminine health' in the exam no doubt, but securing an overall pass nonetheless.

I am thus suitably capable of mending my stockings, prescribing prune juice to constipated friends and IDing fallopian tubes in an anatomical chart of the female body. But not boil an egg.

So imagine our good fortune when Abhilasha and Munish came to stay: we have relished every hot, home-cooked meal since their arrival, always a mouthwatering spread ... let me just say that talented friends really up the quality (and flavour) of day-to-day life!


2 comments:

Pink said...

yumm. send love to M&A for me too!

who is the 'extra' male in the picture? remember you have some single 'extra' females here in London and the dreaded St. Pukehead's day is coming around again ;)
xx

Alicia said...

Hellooo, will let Abhilasha and Munish know when I get back to Zuerich. Arrived in Phuket this afternoon, told Bhups you said hi! You should come visit - he has a lovely place here, on the seafront!

Sorry hon, but the extra male in the foreground of the photo is rather clueless and not recommended.