Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

... and oh so true

Monday, September 11, 2006

A pleasant post-it

Two individuals remembered the first anniversary of our Bern wedding today (Sunday): my delightfully thoughtful husband Stefan Same-Name, who is currently in Zurich all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at his new job, and dear Geraldine Ang. THANKS GERRY for the cheerful text from Aceh and your very kind thoughts (don't think I've gotten over the disdainful tone of your earlier sms re: my antiquated 'disco' vocab though ... grrr ...) and Ste, it's so good that you remembered because one of us should've!

I of course plainly forgot that today was the 10th of September. Well, why should I? Without the regular ebb and flow of work that would correspond to a 'normal week', I don't actually have to assign numbers to my days. So ... I don't. One less thing to remember, one less thing to mess up.

However, in a not-too-belated and still exceedingly elated celebration of the second of our three wedding anniversaries (the full list: 10th August, 10th September and 1st October), I would like to share some schmalzy photographs that were taken at the glorious Taj Mahal in August. We indulged in every tourist photo fancy ... and lapped up the guide's every suggestion for funky poses on the mausoleum grounds.

We're a good team.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

very well executed my dear!

Alicia said...

Ha ha, thanks ... the photos always look better when I'm not the one behind the lens ...

Anonymous said...

hysterical pix!!!! and happy bern anniversary (belated but better late than never :D :D)

Bluesoul said...

The photos are hilarious!!!

Alicia said...

The sad thing is that we didn't need much convincing ...